The forum will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at the Milken Institute School of Public Health.
The High-Impact Research Strategic Planning Committee continues to seek the George Washington University community’s input on its charge to “develop a strategy for improving research productivity across the university that addresses all disciplines and leverages the unique opportunities available at GW.”
During a second public forum, to be held from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at the Milken Institute School of Public Health’s seventh-floor Executive Case Room, the committee is requesting feedback on the following topics:
- Propose one to three innovative, large-scale “big ideas” to increase high-impact research and improve research productivity across the university.
- List one to three strategic focus areas for high-impact research that GW should develop.
- How can GW stimulate and facilitate interdisciplinary "team" research?
- What new facilities might be needed to enhance the research enterprise and how might these promote high-impact interdisciplinary research?
- How can GW further engage with the surrounding community (including federal government, industry and technology sectors)?
- How can GW promote research on data analytics?
For those who cannot attend in person, answers to these questions can be submitted through the strategic plan website. The forum will be recorded and available following the event on the site.