November 14, 2016
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Description. The GW Today #GWtoDO GW Inaugural Ball Tickets Giveaway (“Tickets Giveaway”) is an opportunity for participants to win 2 (two) tickets to attend the George Washington University Inaugural Ball scheduled on January 20, 2017, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. Participants become eligible for the Tickets Giveaway by following GW Today on Twitter at @gwtoday and/or by liking GW Today on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/George.Washington.Today, subject to the terms and conditions of these Official Rules.
2. Eligibility. The Tickets Giveaway is open to any person who is eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of participation, including GW faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends of the university (“Eligible Participants”). The Tickets Giveaway is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law, rule or regulation. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
3. How to Enter. To enter, eligible Participants must follow @gwtoday on Twitter and retweet the Tweet about the Tickets Giveaway. Eligible Participants can also enter by liking the GW Today page on Facebook at the following link, https://www.facebook.com/George.Washington.Today, and sharing the George Washington Today posting about the Tickets Giveaway on the Eligible Participant’s own Facebook wall.
The period to submit an entry will begin November 14, 2016, at 5:00 PM EST and end November 18, 2016, at 11:59 PM EST (“Submission Period”). Only submissions posted during the Submission Period will be considered for the Tickets Giveaway.
4. Selection of Two Winners. One winner from the pool of Eligible Participants that entered by using Twitter in accordance with the terms of Paragraph 3 (“How to Enter”) and one winner from the pool of Eligible Participants that entered by using Facebook in accordance with the terms of Paragraph 3 (“How to Enter”) will be selected randomly using the website www.random.org. Winners will be notified no later than Tuesday, November 22, at 11:59 PM EST through the social media platform used by the participant to enter the Tickets Giveaway.
5. Prizes. Each winner—one (1) randomly selected from GW Today Twitter entrants, and one (1) randomly selected from GW Today Facebook entrants—will receive two (2) tickets to the GW Inaugural Ball, scheduled on January 20, 2017, at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. Prizes are not transferable. GW reserves the right, exercisable at any time in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value if any advertised prize becomes unavailable. All prize details are at GW’s sole discretion. Neither GW Today not the George Washington University shall be liable to any winners in the event that the GW Inaugural Ball is cancelled.
6. Winner Notification. Prize winners will be contacted through the social media platform used to enter the Tickets Giveaway.GW will attempt to notify the winners by 11:59 PM EST on November 22, 2016. GW will make three (3) notification attempts over a 24-hour period beginning at 11:59 PM EST on November 22, 2016 and if any winner is not reachable and does not respond to the notification within the 24-hour period, that winner will be disqualified and, at GW’s discretion, another randomly-selected entrant may be notified as a winner.
Additionally, if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules or the general contest rules of Twitter and Facebook, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at GW’s discretion, another winner will be randomly-selected and will be notified as a winner. All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Tickets Giveaway and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s). If, during either the entry period, for reasons beyond the GW’s control, the Tickets Giveaway is not capable of running as originally planned, GW, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Tickets Giveaway, without liability and to the extent feasible, will determine winners and award prizes among entries received prior to cancellation or modification. GW is not responsible for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays.
7. License. By participating, all entrants grant to GW an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up royalty free license to the submissions created and submitted during participation in the Contest with the right to use, make, have made, produce, reproduce, copy, and distribute for any non-commercial or academic purpose, in the United States and throughout the world.
8. Release of Liability and Issues of Law. By participating, all entrants release GW and its respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this Tickets Giveaway and/or acceptance or use of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, undelivered, or garbled submissions; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, internet service provider, website; or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Tickets Giveaway, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Tickets Giveaway, the submission, or the announcement of the prizes. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tickets Giveaway. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Tickets Giveaway. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Tickets Giveaway, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by GW, will be disqualified. Should any portion of the Tickets Giveaway be, in GW’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the GW, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, GW reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Tickets Giveaway and, if terminated, at its discretion and to the extent possible, determine winners from all eligible submissions received prior to action.
This Promotion is governed by all applicable Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE LOCAL AND FEDERAL COURTS OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE TICKETS GIVEAWAY AND THE LAWS OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA SHALL GOVERN THE TICKETS GIVEAWAY. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS.
9. Communications. If you have any questions or comments regarding the Contest, contact: email@example.com.