U.S. News and World Report released new rankings this week, identifying George Washington University’s graduate programs that are among the best in the United States, including graduate programs at the School of Nursing, GW Law and the Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration.
The rankings come as GW and other higher education institutions mark one year of mostly virtual learning because of COVID-19.
GW Nursing graduate programs were ranked 22, jumping from 33 last year. The doctor of nursing program also jumped to 28 from last year’s 45.
The Trachtenberg School of Public Policy and Public Administration was ranked 19 overall among graduate programs for public affairs. And GW Law’s part-time law program was ranked second, an increase from last year’s third.
"We are committed to helping students advance in their careers by investing in the tools that provide a world-class graduate and professional education,” said Provost M. Brian Blake. “Our rankings improvements are a direct result of the hard work of our faculty and staff, whose expertise and dedication have grown and enhanced these programs. Their work and the innovations from our students continue to elevate GW’s profile within the academic community."
GW also ranked among the top programs in the following subject areas:
- 7th best for international MBA (tie), School of Business
- 26th best for education policy, Graduate School of Education and Human Development
- 24th best law program for dispute resolution, GW Law
- 22nd best law program for business-corporate (tie), GW Law
- 24th best law program for clinical training, GW Law
- 10th best law program for environmental law, GW Law
- 20th best law program for health care law (tie), GW Law
- 4th best law program for intellectual property (tie), GW Law
- 6th best law program for international law (tie), GW Law
- 6th best master’s in nursing administration (tie), GW Nursing
- 8th best master’s in family nursing, GW Nursing
- 9th best master’s in health policy and management, Trachtenberg School
- 6th best masters in global policy/international, Trachtenberg School
- 10th best master’s in homeland security, Trachtenberg School
- 19th best master’s in nonprofit management, Trachtenberg School
- 10th best master’s in public finance and budgeting, Trachtenberg School
- 10th best master’s in public management and leadership,Trachtenberg School
- 11th best master’s in public policy analysis (tie), Trachtenberg School
- 18th best master’s in social policy, Trachtenberg School
- 28th best master’s in urban policy, Trachtenberg School
- 12th best overall program in public health (tie), Milken Institute School of Public Health
- 26th best Ph.D. in international politics (tie), Columbian College of Arts and Sciences