Members of the Class of 2023 still have the chance to apply to address their classmates and other members of the George Washington University community at the May 21 university-wide Commencement on the National Mall—an #OnlyatGW opportunity of a lifetime. Applicants must be in good standing with the university.
The deadline to submit materials has been extended to 11:59 p.m. EST on Sunday, Feb. 26. To enter the competition, please submit:
- A biography (maximum 150 words)
- Text of the speech you would deliver at Commencement if you are selected
- Vimeo or YouTube link of you delivering your speech (maximum length of three minutes)
Ten applicants’ videos will be judged by GW students in an online public voting round. Up to five finalists will be invited to a final round audition, in person or via Zoom, in front of a committee of judges from the GW community.
The Commencement student speaker will receive:
- Four seats in the reserved seating section at Commencement on the National Mall
- A photo with Commencement speaker Bryan Stevenson and members of the university’s leadership.
Leave your mark on this annual tradition—submit your application today!